With boundaries onto Burwood Hwy and a secure parent entrance in Old Orchard Drive, Knox Childcare and Kindergarten is situated to provide easy access to the residents of Wantirna South and surrounding suburbs.
With close proximity to Eastlink, Burwood Hwy and Stud Road, commuting by car is relatively easy. Buses also run directly past the centre on Burwood Hwy.
Wantirna South was mostly orchards until around 80 years ago. Demand for housing grew in the 1920's and Wantirna South and surrounding communities became a new place for housing development. One of the first buildings was Wantirna South Post Office, opened on 1 December 1936, but was renamed Studfield in 1990, being at the Knox Studfield Shopping Centre. Wantirna South Primary School had a significant impact on the growth and housing around the Knox CityWantirna South serves as the headquarters of the Knox City Council. The Knox City Council's building was burnt down in 1994, and took a few years to be rebuilt. It is now a meeting place for councilors and the Mayor.
Another Wantirna South attraction is the Knox City Shopping Centre, which was first built in the 1970s. It had a major refurbishment in 2002 to make it a more popular area for young people. This area is now known as Knox O-Zone, a popular night spot containing a pub, restaurants, clubs and cinema.
Knox Police Complex is situated on Burwood Highway opposite Knox City Shopping Centre.